Thursday, February 12, 2009

My 25 things... part 1

1. When I was little I made “traps” everywhere, because I saw the Ninja Turtles do the same thing in the sewer. They only ever worked on my step father. He was not pleased.
2. I am a Green Bay Packers fan. The reason is because my step father is a Vikings fan and at the age of 6 or so I realized I was his intellectual superior and wanted to spite him because he hated them Packers. I like to think this choice has worked out well for me.
3. My friends, my inner circle, my adopted family. I can be completely honest with them and I show them the same unflinching loyalty they show me. There is one exception, if there is a conflict between 2 or more members of the inner circle and both make logically sound arguments I will side with whomever I have known longer. Let me tell you member #1 dates back to diaper days, so trying to make me side against him would be a poor life choice.
4. My greatest fear is being forgotten. I attribute this to my father’s one fault. He is almost always late to things. When I was little and he had to pick me up from my mother’s house and he was late I always got really scared that he forgot because he was busy working or something and I would have to stay with her.
5. I say non-sensical things… a lot. A good deal of the time it’s because I don’t think before speaking. But sometimes I do think about them pretty in depth and say the ridiculous things anyway because I think it will be funny. I’d rather be thought of as ridiculous and weird than forgotten. My friends usually can translate what I mean to say. But sometimes people that don't know me that well take offense from something I say and I want them to know that I would not say something to a friend with any animosity and that I would not be having a conversation with someone I didn't consider a friend.
6. When people are dogmatic and refuse to listen to reason it drives me up the wall. No one is always right. Whether you base it on your preference or religion or whatever. If the logic and data are there just accept that you have been bested. At least be able to say to each their own or live and let live. Don’t force you’re personal/religious beliefs on people. Ex. My stepfather thinks that just because music wasn’t made when he was young that it is better than anything made today.

No comments: